Skip to main content

Indian Polity And Parliamentary Democracy By Vinod Sharma

A Book that travels with India's political and electoral journey.

The purpose of writing this book has been all along to aware the masses, especially youth, about the political system they are living in and are governed. Initially, I wanted to make it a voluminous one containing details of all Lok Sabha constituencies and their delimitation from time to time and all Parliamentarians since Independence. However, the content had to be shortened for various reasons.

However, this book covers, though briefly, all general elections, powers and functions of the Parliament, role of President, Vice President and Election Commission in a democracy like ours, tenures of almost all Prime Ministers,  days of Emergency in 1975, formation of various fronts and alliances for coalition governments, era of political instability in 1990s, wars with Pakistan and China and finally a single party getting absolute majority in 2014.
In my opinion, this book is an honest, neutral and holistic account of India's political journey since Independence.

Probably, this is the first book of its kind that lists India's democratic and Parliamentary journey in a such a subtle way.
A must-read for youth preparing for competitive exams or otherwise for enriching their political knowledge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Stories I Never Told" by Sourav Pati

Stories I Never Told is like one of my dreams come true. I could write down a few personal experiences of my life as well as of others and I really feel privileged when I find my fan following, this interested to read my book. I'm grateful to all those who've helped me to reach this point overcoming every obstacle that came in my way. It could never have been possible without the combined efforts of my near and dear ones. The stories in this book mainly make you know about the reality of life and how it can be both, beguiling as well as devastating. There will be bad situations, broken hearts, and those unhealed scars but anyhow, you'll have to move on and go with the flow. Life goes on no matter what so ever happens. So, it basically gives a message to my readers that moving on is a part of life. To all my readers, I thank you all, I hope you do like the stories and feel them from your heart. Shop: Amazon , Flipkart , Shopclues , BlueRose

BlueRose Publishers Presents 'A Mistake to remember in Kolkata museum' by Md Jannatul Fardoush

Why fiction is important Everyone will agree that reading is an important component in developing a successful life. It seems almost universal that the more successful you are, the more you read. But this focus on reading is one-dimensional. People get caught up in non-fiction— self-help books, business books, books on sales and marketing, health and psychology, and relationships. These are all valid books to spend your time reading. They are filled with information that can help you better in your career and life. But it’s a mistake to leave fiction in the dust.           Fiction is a forgotten gem and untapped well of knowledge and information. It has the power that no other form of communication does—the power to insert you fully and completely in someone else’s mind. When you read fiction, you are seeing the world through a character’s eyes. Good fiction runs deep into the kingdom of psychology and philosophy. It helps you to understand people’s perspect...

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Nefarious Debacle" by S Hemamalini

Hey guys! I am S. Hemamalini, author of Nefarious Debacle. I hereby want to thank Blue Rose Publishers, for accepting my book to publish. I want to thank Aditya, my Publication Consultant, and Priti, my Publication Manager, for guiding me through the publishing process. I also thank my cover designer and the editor for their great support. I am thankful to the entire crew for working hard to publish my book. I also want to thank the artist and my close friend — Ritika, for her art that is imprinted inside the book. She put my ideas into very admiring pieces of art. Thanks for everything Ritu, and Ashwitha for helping Ritika. I am grateful to all my friends and family, who have been encouraging me all this time. Most of them asked me if I had any reason/motto to write this book. I probably didn’t have any sort of reason when I started writing this book, but as time passed, I found two main reasons to complete my book. Know more about my reasons in my next article! Will b...