Skip to main content

When I Stopped Living To Impress By Inderpreet Kaur



A LOST SELF

The world is so alone. Yes, I can feel this... I can feel this loneliness, this dark night is so lonely may be surrounded by stars that are busy doing something else, just like surrounded by many but alone in the crowd. This breeze touching my face and blowing my hairs towards left are so busy that they don’t have time to stand for a while.

But... in this loneliness I can still feel someone... someone I have missed so long. The one who had pleasure wearing that old t-shirt on repeating mode, the one loving his Pulsar more than the Baleno, the one who use to fight for the last slice of pizza, the one who loved sleeping on floors more often, the one who had two protectors called MOM and DAD.

Yes, in the run of life, in the run to hold the trophy called “Fame” I have lost myself. People think that I got all for free but no I have paid more than what I got. I have paid my friends, I have paid my love, I have paid my parents and moreover, I have paid my own self. They think I have everything but actually, my hands are empty.

This owner of Domino's is missing the fight between all friends for payment of the bill that final plan of contribution dividing the bill between each of us. This owner of Lamborghini is missing the pleasure of those bike rides when she holds me tight giving excuse that speed scares her. These owners of villas miss that small 2BHK flat where mom and dad taught everything about life. This celebrity having millions of fans is missing the honour of holding that school trophy making him star among schoolmates.

‘Life is not unfair but we force it to become by demanding things we don’t need.’ This suit costing one crore, these boots costing ten lakhs, this Armani watch and the Starbucks coffee in my hand is shouting out loud that you lost the precious things just for this material pleasures.

I use to say mom that money is very important, it can buy everything but that day when you both met with an accident I realized that money is just a weak player that can buy you lust but not love, I kept on shouting, saying doctors to save you, I have requested them to take all my money but save you both...but all things got still.

I was busy collecting every material thing and ignored my love, forgot my friends. Yes, I am an icon that has everything he can buy but nothing that he can create moments with.

I have learned one thing from life that ‘Enjoy life as it comes loving every moment, caring for every relation that loves you for what you are and working hard for what you need not what you want.’

Shop: Amazon Bluerose  Shopclues

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Stories I Never Told" by Sourav Pati

Stories I Never Told is like one of my dreams come true. I could write down a few personal experiences of my life as well as of others and I really feel privileged when I find my fan following, this interested to read my book. I'm grateful to all those who've helped me to reach this point overcoming every obstacle that came in my way. It could never have been possible without the combined efforts of my near and dear ones. The stories in this book mainly make you know about the reality of life and how it can be both, beguiling as well as devastating. There will be bad situations, broken hearts, and those unhealed scars but anyhow, you'll have to move on and go with the flow. Life goes on no matter what so ever happens. So, it basically gives a message to my readers that moving on is a part of life. To all my readers, I thank you all, I hope you do like the stories and feel them from your heart. Shop: Amazon , Flipkart , Shopclues , BlueRose

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Happy Hours: Cheers to Life" by Sweta Chowdhury

Happy Hours: Cheers to Life is a simple reading that offers you handy techniques to attract happiness and peace in life. The book has beautiful examples and candid mention of how my clients and trainees have benefitted with this simple sounding yet powerful tips which have created remarkable amazing changes! The title itself suggests that it’s all about creating those happy hours in our lives! It’s about the achievement of ‘high of relationships’ that we all wish for. Though there are a lot of self-help books available on shelves which are very effective, this book offers a very simple and easy reading and doesn’t demand too much of time. Every chapter is about a small technique supported by true and real examples of our clients (with names changed). This book offers a visual flavor with some interesting caricatures supporting our concepts and makes it easily understood. Every time you go through a chapter, it inspires you to immediately try your hands on it. When you experience...

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Nefarious Debacle" by S Hemamalini

Hey guys! I am S. Hemamalini, author of Nefarious Debacle. I hereby want to thank Blue Rose Publishers, for accepting my book to publish. I want to thank Aditya, my Publication Consultant, and Priti, my Publication Manager, for guiding me through the publishing process. I also thank my cover designer and the editor for their great support. I am thankful to the entire crew for working hard to publish my book. I also want to thank the artist and my close friend — Ritika, for her art that is imprinted inside the book. She put my ideas into very admiring pieces of art. Thanks for everything Ritu, and Ashwitha for helping Ritika. I am grateful to all my friends and family, who have been encouraging me all this time. Most of them asked me if I had any reason/motto to write this book. I probably didn’t have any sort of reason when I started writing this book, but as time passed, I found two main reasons to complete my book. Know more about my reasons in my next article! Will b...