Skip to main content

The Oasis and Other Short Stories By ANJANA RAVINDRANATH

Exploring a Gamut of Human Relationships

Meeting and interacting people from different walks of life in a career in industries like journalism, hospitality and education gave Anjana Ravindranath umpteen opportunities to study humans and relationships and get inspired by their life stories. Just like any emotion needs a vent at some time or the other, these interactions and life stories too gave food for thought and came out in the form of short stories. 

The Oasis & Other Short Stories explores the happiness, the surprise, the bewilderment and a whole plethora of emotions with LOVE as the fulcrum of all human relationships. Each relationship is determined by the factors independent of and peculiar to circumstances. In each of the stories in this book, be it romantic, comedy, tragedy or spiritual, love is the most important and most realistic backdrop. The book tries to say that finding Love is almost like finding an OASIS in a vast desert.   

“I don’t claim to know the exact definition of love...I am not that competent. But just imagine you are alone in the ocean with nothing to look forward to. And then, a great whale slowly rises up beside you for no reason, escorts you for a little while until you see your destination, and then gently dives back into the deep ocean, its tail gently caressing you as it disappears. Is that love? Well, maybe!” says Anjana.

About the book, Anjana says that she has tried to bring forward that relationships can cover a wide range of groups of people, friends, lovers and acquaintances (and virtual friends also). Making a relationship work, be it at home with family, at work with colleagues, in a group of friends or between two lovers is a task which requires not only comprehension of the entity other than oneself, but also revealing the ideas and images that run through one’s subconscious, that can put anyone on the fast track to understanding what's behind the excitement, fear and other emotions that one may be experiencing in day-to-day life. It just might give everyone concerned, a case of the giggles, or moistened eyes.

Anjana says, “I have tried hard to bring life into all the relationships shared by all the characters in the book. Reading The Oasis & Other Short Stories strives to bring a feel-good effect for all those who enjoy reading fiction, and hopes to have you asking for more... like the 15th story’s title... Until We Meet Again”  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Stories I Never Told" by Sourav Pati

Stories I Never Told is like one of my dreams come true. I could write down a few personal experiences of my life as well as of others and I really feel privileged when I find my fan following, this interested to read my book. I'm grateful to all those who've helped me to reach this point overcoming every obstacle that came in my way. It could never have been possible without the combined efforts of my near and dear ones. The stories in this book mainly make you know about the reality of life and how it can be both, beguiling as well as devastating. There will be bad situations, broken hearts, and those unhealed scars but anyhow, you'll have to move on and go with the flow. Life goes on no matter what so ever happens. So, it basically gives a message to my readers that moving on is a part of life. To all my readers, I thank you all, I hope you do like the stories and feel them from your heart. Shop: Amazon , Flipkart , Shopclues , BlueRose

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Happy Hours: Cheers to Life" by Sweta Chowdhury

Happy Hours: Cheers to Life is a simple reading that offers you handy techniques to attract happiness and peace in life. The book has beautiful examples and candid mention of how my clients and trainees have benefitted with this simple sounding yet powerful tips which have created remarkable amazing changes! The title itself suggests that it’s all about creating those happy hours in our lives! It’s about the achievement of ‘high of relationships’ that we all wish for. Though there are a lot of self-help books available on shelves which are very effective, this book offers a very simple and easy reading and doesn’t demand too much of time. Every chapter is about a small technique supported by true and real examples of our clients (with names changed). This book offers a visual flavor with some interesting caricatures supporting our concepts and makes it easily understood. Every time you go through a chapter, it inspires you to immediately try your hands on it. When you experience...

BlueRose Publishers Presents "Nefarious Debacle" by S Hemamalini

Hey guys! I am S. Hemamalini, author of Nefarious Debacle. I hereby want to thank Blue Rose Publishers, for accepting my book to publish. I want to thank Aditya, my Publication Consultant, and Priti, my Publication Manager, for guiding me through the publishing process. I also thank my cover designer and the editor for their great support. I am thankful to the entire crew for working hard to publish my book. I also want to thank the artist and my close friend — Ritika, for her art that is imprinted inside the book. She put my ideas into very admiring pieces of art. Thanks for everything Ritu, and Ashwitha for helping Ritika. I am grateful to all my friends and family, who have been encouraging me all this time. Most of them asked me if I had any reason/motto to write this book. I probably didn’t have any sort of reason when I started writing this book, but as time passed, I found two main reasons to complete my book. Know more about my reasons in my next article! Will b...